Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook Playing up!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kizzywizzy

kizzywizzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Outlook keeps on 'synchronising Folders' - i never asked it to, it just started doing it a couple of days ago, and its blocking up my 'send and receive' and driving me crazy - any help welcomed! Running Windown XP and Office 2007 Kizzywizzy

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

Outlook keeps on 'synchronising Folders' - i never asked it to, it just started doing it a couple of days ago, and its blocking up my 'send and receive' and driving me crazy - any help welcomed! Running Windown XP and Office 2007
Kizzywizzy

Hi kizzywizzy,

Welcome to WhattheTech.

I googled your problem and came up with this site. Maybe it may help you.

Others will come by with their suggestions, but here is plenty of troubleshooting in the meantime.

kind regards,

#3 kazzoo

kazzoo

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Hello kizzywizzy, Just a quick drive by question. Do you by chance have a email stuck in the outbox? If so try deleting it and see if that "sync" problem goes away. Regards Kaz
Badgers? I dont need no stinking Badgers!

#4 kizzywizzy

kizzywizzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hi Tallin, I'm running through all the suggestions in that long thread you sent me to, havent finished yet, but it seems to be a common problem! Hi Kazoo, There is frequently mail stuck in the outbox when this happens, but if i delete it, i can't send it! i thought the wonder of email is to be able to send messages???? I'm not being smart here, just puzzled! Thanks both for your help, I'll plug away with the 1st lot of suggestions..... Kizzywizzy

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

Continuing on from Kazzoo's suggestion, you can always copy to the Drafts Folder and then delete from the Out Box. Of course that is if you have got an email stuck in any folder and do not want to loose it. kind regards,

#6 kizzywizzy

kizzywizzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Thanks Tallin, I'll try that. Its working ok at the moment, having turned off everything i could - down to basic manual send and receive now, lets see how this goes for a couple of days! Take care and thanks again! Kizzywizzy