I get emails from friends with wmv, mpg, jpg, ppt, and other files as extensions. If I forward these to others, Outlook 2007 will send multiple copies causing my friends to start screaming at me to STOP IT! The techs at NutnWorks sent me to you after going thru the spyware/malware removal process with hijack this, mbam, and combofix. I can refer you to a thread if you like. At any rate, they said you have more specific experience with MS Office.
Well time to send you to the experts at WhatTheTech. (http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Office_f120.html&)
This is another help site and they have more experienced users with office. You can point them to this thread if need be.
Hi and welcome to What The Tech!
Does this only happen when you have files attached? Have you tried for instance wtihout attachments or with .doc attachments?
Also, please post a link to the topic where you were helped with malware related problems.
Regards,
John.
This is the tread where you can find scan results, etc. There's 3 paages of posts. Can't get this text to insert a hyperlink…sorry. When I send emails with excel or word files as attachments, I don't have a problem. It occurs only when I send the aforementioned emails containing the other types of files.
Did you try forwarding those e-mails to yourself? I am wondering if exactly the same messages appear. How many of them appear?
In your 'Sent Items' folder, do you also see that you sent multiple copies or just that one?
Hello Man United. Have you tried installing Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1. It might be a bug in Microsoft Office and therefore installing the Service Pack might fix your problem. I vaguely know a bug that is similar to yours, which was discovered in Outlook 2007, so I strongly recommend you to install Service Pack 1 for better functionality and security.
John
I have tried sending them to myself. Same problem. It doesn't go to the sent items box. It sits in the out box and keeps sending until I manage to delete it from the outbox. I do not receive error messages. It simply sends multiple copies of the same email to every recipient.
Hi Man U
Here's some suggestions for you:
1 This can often be caused by your anti virus product if it configured to scan incoming and outgoing mail.
2 you could try disabling your ant- virus integration with Outlook or uninstall it, Close down your machine in the normal way.(Reboot) and then install it again leaving out email scanning. (your real time anti virus scanner should quarantine/intercept any thing it's updated for, so this should not be a problem for you)
3 It's not unknown for multiple versions of Outlook to be running at the same time, so try a Ctr +ALT +Del to bring up the Task manager and see if this is the case
4 Create a new folder in Outlook called something like "sent items old" next transfer your sent stuff to this new folder so the regular sent folder is empty
See how you go
Regards
paws
Hi Man U,
Ok
Next try this, set Outlook Express as your default email client and start to use it for a while..see if the multiple "sends" continues with Outlook Express…. If that stops the problem then t looks as though its definitely Microsoft Office Outlook that is the culprit…so it will be an uninstall of Microsoft Office Outlook a disc cleanup, reboot and hen a reinstall if you want to use it in the future….
Just give OE a really good trial though…before you do that…
Regards
paws
Paws
I really don't want to mess around with OE because I simply do not like it. And I cannot uninstall and reinstall outlook without doing the entire office suite. If there's nothing else that can be done, then I'll just have to live with it.