Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Youtube takes ages to buffer on my account

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

The films buffer for an eternity before they open usualy they stop streaming anywhere between 2 seconds to 30 seconds. IT didnt worked perfectly fine till a few days ago. Can anyone help me out please.

Edited by DanDud88, 14 November 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hello DanDud88,

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Please do not access/click on any of the advertising links as after you post your Tech Express link back here we can help you for free as to what maybe causing your Video lag problem.

kind regards,

#3 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

All i get is: PC Pitstop utility did not load NOTE: If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or later, look at the top of this page and see if the yellow Information Bar is displaying a message about PC Pitstop. If so, click the Information Bar and select "Install ActiveX Control". We were unable to install the PC Pitstop utility. Here are the most common causes and solutions to the problem. For more information, see our troubleshooting page or ask for help on our forums (free; separate registration required). Security certificate: You may have answered NO when you were presented with the security certificate. You must accept the certificate so that PC Pitstop can diagnose problems on your PC. Internet Explorer security settings: Your IE security may be set so that you cannot accept ActiveX controls. IE's default security settings ask if you want to accept controls, rather than blocking them. To restore the defaults in Internet Explorer, follow these instructions. Web proxy issues: A web proxy or other "web accelerator" may have an old copy of our utility in its cache. If possible, disable any proxy settings in IE (Tools | Internet Options | Connections | Lan Settings) and clear your cache (Tools | Internet Options | General | Delete Files). If your ISP requires a proxy connection, try visiting in a few hours to give the proxy time to load the most recent version of the utility. Old or incomplete PC Pitstop utility: You have an earlier version of the PCPitStop utility, or one that is not installed correctly. You will need to delete the control and reinstall it. See the frequently asked questions section for instructions. Try rebooting: Sometimes, the tried and true reboot will set everything right. Reboot your PC, then browse back to the test page and try loading the utility again. Incorrect Version The version of the PCPitstop ActiveX control that is installed is not the most recent, but we were unable to install a more recent version. (The current version is ? but you now have version ? installed). This is often due to an old file being stuck in either your browser's cache or in the cache of a proxy server. To empty your browser cache in IE6: select Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files. Also try removing your existing ActiveX control: Tools, Internet Options, Settings, View Objects. Remove the "PCPitstop Utility" if it is there. For more help, see our troubleshooting page for possible problems and solutions, or post a message a message on our forums (free; separate registration required). Load Timed Out It has taken more than two minutes to download the PC Pitstop utility. This indicates some type of problem with the connection; it usually takes no more than a minute to download the utility, even on a slow dialup connnection. See our troubleshooting page for possible problems and solutions, or post a message a message on our forums (free; separate registration required). Internet Explorer required This browser does not appear to be Internet Explorer or a compatible one based on IE, such as Maxthon, MyIE2, or SlimBrowser. The PC Pitstop test utility requires ActiveX technology, so you must use an ActiveX-enabled browser for the testing process. Once you have completed testing you can use other browsers such as Netscape, Opera, or Mozilla/Firefox to view your results.

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

DanDud88,

You do not say if you followed all the suggestions given by PCPitstop in your last post. If you did not, please do so and then post back if again the test will not load for you.

Best regards,

#5 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Yes i did, and im sorry for not saying.

#6 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

DanDud88,

If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or later, look at the top of this page and see if the yellow Information Bar is displaying a message about PC Pitstop. If so, click the Information Bar and select "Install ActiveX Control".

What was the result of this suggestion in quotes?

Security certificate: You may have answered NO when you were presented with the security certificate. You must accept the certificate so that PC Pitstop can diagnose problems on your PC

Again, did you accept this certificate?

Internet Explorer security settings: Your IE security may be set so that you cannot accept ActiveX controls. IE's default security settings ask if you want to accept controls, rather than blocking them. To restore the defaults in Internet Explorer, follow these instructions.
Web proxy issues: A web proxy or other "web accelerator" may have an old copy of our utility in its cache. If possible, disable any proxy settings in IE (Tools | Internet Options | Connections | Lan Settings) and clear your cache (Tools | Internet Options | General | Delete Files). If your ISP requires a proxy connection, try visiting in a few hours to give the proxy time to load the most recent version of the utility.

Again, are you IE settings configured as above?

Try rebooting: Sometimes, the tried and true reboot will set everything right. Reboot your PC, then browse back to the test page and try loading the utility again.

Did you do the above in quotes?

The version of the PCPitstop ActiveX control that is installed is not the most recent, but we were unable to install a more recent version. (The current version is here but you now have version ? installed). This is often due to an old file being stuck in either your browser's cache or in the cache of a proxy server. To empty your browser cache in IE6: select Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files. Also try removing your existing ActiveX control: Tools, Internet Options, Settings, View Objects. Remove the "PCPitstop Utility" if it is there.

Please note the link I have inserted to research.

Internet Explorer required
This browser does not appear to be Internet Explorer or a compatible one based on IE, such as Maxthon, MyIE2, or SlimBrowser. The PC Pitstop test utility requires ActiveX technology, so you must use an ActiveX-enabled browser for the testing process. Once you have completed testing you can use other browsers such as Netscape, Opera, or Mozilla/Firefox to view your results.

Are you using IE as stated in the above quote? There were a lot of suggestions for you to carry out in the second of your posts re not being able to access PCPitstop so please be very sure you have followed them all and take the time to post back the results to my above queries.

For your own information, download link # 1 recommended
For a Short description: See, save and print a complete spec of your PC with this no-install, system information utility and perform various windows functions. Additional advanced info includes CPU, drives, apps, display, memory and more....

Please do not click on any advertisements within the SySpec download link............they are not free.

Post the your specs back here in this thread for us to view and further help you.....thanks

kind regards,

#7 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:43 AM

Thanks it i rechecked them all and it was the second option with the lan settings thing.

#8 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

Re: Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review. TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page. Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread. Erm i cant find a yellow box in the upper right area of the results page. I see a red one with my email address on it.

#9 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi DanDud88,

Thanks it i rechecked them all and it was the second option with the lan settings thing.

Glad you were able to run the tests.

Erm i cant find a yellow box in the upper right area of the results page. I see a red one with my email address on it.

I must apologise, seems I mislead you due to old instructions in our teaching private forum regarding posting of the TechExpress link that was described in my first post..... very sorry.

Updated information here:

Once you have run the PCPitstop Full Tests then post the URL address to your results page back into this Thread. This will provide a great deal of information about your machine and how it is presently performing. http://www.pcpitstop.com

The test is free, safe, and Results do not display any personally identifying information.

Best regards,

#10 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=21259244

#11 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hi DanDud88,

As you can see you need to progress one by one through your Summary page, follow the instructions by putting your cursor over each suggested fix and then clicking on them. Each one will advise you how to go about completing the fix.

Do not update the drivers mentioned unless you post back first telling me you are having driver problems. If you do decide to update the drivers, go to your Computer Manufacturers web site to do this, as they are free there. (The test has given you the required Driver updates you may need, so it will be easy to find them on your manufacturers website). If you update Drivers from your summary link or click on any advertisements on the test link this will cost $$$. We can assist you for free here.

Post back when you need more assistance.

Take it slowly as there is a good amount to proceed with.

Good luck and best regards,

#12 DanDud88

DanDud88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:29 PM

Ok i thought you said post the link and youd explaine how to fix it.

#13 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

Dan,

It is all explained in my last post to you. You need to now do the work to correct your problems, that is the purpose of the pit test so the owner, that is you, can follow how to correct the suggested errors.

I cannot explain how to do it better than the summary of fixes of your test has suggested to you.

best regards,