I've been struggling with my computer for some time. I had to install several browsers before I could even download Hijack This because when I would even type in those words anywhere my browser (IE, Firefox and Opera) would shut down. At one point I even bought a new copy of Windows XP (I couldn't find my old disks) and reinstalled it. I thought that would wipe it clean and give me a clean machine, but it didn't work. Even after all the hassles of reinstalling the system, drivers, programs and retrieving my backup of data, I still have a hijacker. Working on the net is frustrating because I have to constantly check and see if I went where I asked to go, and back space or re search and cut and paste to the address bar just to go where I want to go. I think if I had the money I'd just buy a new machine. Hopefully I can get some help here. At least I finally got HijackThis downloaded and ran it (not that I understand anything on it) I appreciate and bless any one who can help me.
Hi and welcome to WTT.
Hope you get help and solve your problems.
If you are having problem creating a HijackThis log, just post a message and someone will help you out.
Please follow this link to help your problem and post back here if need be with an update how your machine is performing after you have been cleared by an accredited Malware fighter.
If you are going to go the Malware Removal route, then please go ahead and read/follow directions, here
Then follow through by posting your HJT Log here, for assistance from a trained specialist.
If you are going to go the route of Format and reinstall, please read here, then post any additional questions and your progress as a New Topic here.
It's your choice.
If you decide on the Malware Removal route, we will refrain from any additional recommendations until after you have completed your work in the Malware Removal Forum with your specialist.