This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Docs and maps failured after converting

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had files saved as .wps .doc and I wanted convert them into wordreadable files. So I downloaded a fileconverter from Software995.com, but it did not work as I wanted. It started to convert the files into .pdf instead and I had to stop the process. Unfortunately, I have not made any backup on floppydisk. All files are saved in the harddrive, but the fileconverter deleted the pre-file after converting it and saved the new one. So I have a lot of .pdf documents with junk-text. How can I use Windows to get my documents as they were before using the fileconverter? (Is a registrybackup useful in this case?) :(
Wow! You need to be ready to accept the worst here. Obviously, you don't need to be told now that you should have backed all your files before attempting to convert them - but that's exactly why we do backups, in case something goes wrong. And I suspect aborting the conversion in the middle of the process corrupted all those files too if they are now full of junk text. Not Good.

There is no way Windows itself can help you - these are not Windows functions or files - Windows is just the operating system. And backing up the registry would not resolve anything either. Besides, backups are done BEFORE catastrophes, not after. :(

You can try something like Avira Unerase Personal, but again, don't get your hopes up.

By the way, .doc files are the native format used by Word, and should have been readable by Word already.

Good luck.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI