I am looking for a simple way of updating over 1000 XP POS terminals in a restaurant without having to manually change each terminal. My question is this, if I successfully make changes concerning both permissions and registry changes on a single terminal, and then export the registry and save it to a Thumb Drive, and then iimport that registry file into the other terminals, will this update the permissions and registry changes on all the subsequent machines, without having to do them one by one? If so, is there any easier way to do this that any one can think of? Is there away of converting the exported registry file into a group policy which I can then push to each of these terminals? Finally, before any of these changes become effective, the terminals need to join the same domain, it this action captured in the registry also?
Welcome to WTT Forums (again).
I recognize that you posted some interesting questions regarding Linux back in late 2005, and unfortunately did not get much of a response here. Sorry.
In your current post you again ask an interesting question, but I wonder if we are the appropriate forum for your use.
Sure seems like a directly commercial application that you are asking about.
From our Terms of Use
We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.
However, your type of use is apparently Point of Sale (POS) and you may benefit from searching that term in various IT Forums (subscribable)
You may also benefit from contacting your companies MS representative for further avenues of information and/or assistance. Or possibly inquiring with the software vendor for your companies POS utility.
Hope you find other reasons to come back and visit us here at WTT, but I doubt that your present question fits in with our TOU.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI