Having some problems hooking up wireless to my network, hoping one of you kind souls might be able to help me out. Details: Right now my laptop uses a Belkin PCMIA card to connect to wireless network created by a Belkin router. The signal is pretty good for the most part but there are several areas in my upstairs that drop the signal so I just went out and bought another wireless router to put upstairs. The idea being that when I am downstairs I can connect to the downstairs router and when I am upstairs I can connect to the upstairs router. Because I rarely do much online upstairs I just went out and bought a cheap router and adapter(TrendNet). I am testing this new adapter to see if it will pick up the downstairs network and have been unsuccessful so far. It does find networks(I assume they belong to my neighbors) but it doesn't list mine. So I went back and checked my original Belkin PCMIA card to see if it still could find the network and it does but only if I don't allow Windows to manage my wireless network connections. As soon as I tick/check for Windows to control the wireless connections, I am unable to locate my network. I have gone into the router software looking for clues but have come up empty. I do know it is broadcasting a SSID and I know the network is functioning… just as long as Windows doesn't control the connection. I am using Windows XP and have SP2 installed. Anyone have any clues as to what might be preventing my network from appearing in a list of a available networks but be able to be used if I don't let Windows manage my connections? Thanks.