This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Login Error: Windows XP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I am having a problem whenever i try to login to my comp. It displays "A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: 0x80004005" After the error pops up it kicks me back to the login screen. I'm running Windows XP SP1 and yesterday I ran the "windows media player crack", so i could run WMP11 (yes,i am on a non-legal copy), but didn't not know i needed SP1. I believe it edited some things in my registry and I'd like to undo it somehow. I can only login under "Safe Mode". Please help me. Thank you.
Hello Ghost530,

It is really against general practice in this forum to assist people who intentionally obtain access to software in an illegal manner or install that which can be harmful to their system. Such types of software include cracks, keygens, warez, pirated copies of windows, etc. The reason being is that these software are more often than not packaged with malware. In your case, "non-legal" would be considered illegal. You may not receive much assistance from this forum. The only thing I can recommend to you is to wipe your drive and reinstall a genuine copy of Windows.

See the following for more relevant information:
Genuine Microsoft Software
Protect Yourself from Piracy
DailyTech - Pirate Windows? Buy The Retail Version at a $100 Discount

Regards,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI