This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New build question

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok got that screen again, the only thing I nothiced is that I am also getting another error prior to the BSOD.

[external image: Posted Image]
If this were me, and since this is a brand new build - meaning nothing but time has been lost, I would probably start over again and reinstall Windows - that is, AFTER I eliminated RAM as the cause of the problem.

If RAM tests good, you could try to salvage this by running System File Checker (SFC). Follow the instructions here. You will need to have your Windows installation disk in the drive. If you encounter the problem where it constantly asks for you to insert the CD and press retry, just keep pressing retry and it will eventually work its way through - I would not bother with the workaround at this time.

I also found the Delayed Write Failed MSKB article.
Sorry was bit of a crazy week. Memtests run all with no problems memtest86 10 passes and windows diagnostics test 7 times. I have found several forums on the Nv4_disp.dll error seems to be some kind of a loop error that alot of people are getting. Fixes have ranged from diver updates to replaceing mobs and video cards. Now I really don't know what to do LOL. I have noticed that smart gaurdian is reporting my chipsep temp at 49c speed fan is only shoing 1 fan running … I have all the fans that come with the Antec 900 case runnning feels like an airconditioner blowing on me with that big top fan. I probably need a bios update this is what everest is reporting for bios. Just trying to find out exactly how to go about that. Field Value Award BIOS Message (N57IDC26) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE Field Value System BIOS Date 12/26/06 Field Value Video BIOS Date 06/13/07

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI