This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Maximizing VISTA performance

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yes, when I used XP I always maintained the amount of cpu usage by keeping the "user" processes to a minimum mainly iexplorer and (I believe) taskmngr or schdler, cant remember which one it was exactly. Anyways, my question is what are the "MAIN" procecesses that are USER DEFINED that must be left running in the background with VISTA while being able to close out the other programs or background programs from the Task Manager?? I am not as familiar with VISTA as I was with XP so I am still learning what is important and what isn't in order to maintain maximum CPU performance. Thanks in advance for anyones response it is greatly appreciated. :) - Andy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI