This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Speed Test

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

my upload is 229 kbps download is 2931 is that good?


Looks good to me dangedcoyote against mine.

I pay for 512/128, ADSL.
Where I live ADSL2 and Cable is not available so although I am happy with my speed, it is at the moment D/L 400 U/L 90. Changes everytime I do the test.

So enjoy yours, which I had it.
I am supposed to have 2 Meg? broadband, and my speed test shows 1095 d/l and 545 u/l Am I getting the speed I am paying for ? :wacko:
Hi, Your upload is probably OK but your download is about half of what you are probably expecting. However before you start sending a rocket to your ISP it would be wise to make a number of speed tests at different times of the day as the speeds tend to fluctuate according to various factors including how many folks are logged on in your area at the same time etc. Also many ISP's have phrases in their "weasle words" like "up to 2MB or up to 8 MB (note the reference to up to!) rarely do they guarantee a specific speed. Regards paws