This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

live chat

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Being new to the forum I am tryng to learn about its features. I tried chat but got a message that I require something from Java to do so. My add/remove panel idicates I have Java ™ 6 update 3. Is there something else I should have from Java ? Thank you
Hi Grampy Pete, When you click on Live Chat (button) at the top of any WTT Forum Page, you will be transported to a JAVA Driven application that allows access to any open chat sessions that might currently be underway. This application requires a JAVA script to enable it to function. The first "panel" that you will be presented with is a choice point asking if you want to install the JAVA script. You will also probably be alerted that it is an "unsigned" or "unverified" JAVA script. As the owner/user of your machine, you are the person to decide whether or not you wish to have it installed. It is provided by WhatTheTech Forums, and that is an awfully good recommendation that it is safe. :) You can safely accept the JAVA component. Your JAVA JRE 6 version 3 is the most recent JAVA runtime utility and is sufficient to enable the use of the JAVA scripting offered for the Live Chat. Sometimes there are very interesting conversations going on in Live Chat, sometimes nothing much at all. Enjoy. Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI