This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blank page with 1shoppingcart (resolved)

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, Now I'm assuming this is a software issue….. I want to buy some training CDs but whenever I go into the page (which is based in 1shoppingcart.com) all I get is a blank page in FireFox and IE says it can't find the page. When I reported it to the owner of the CDs they said it was fine their end and it must be my computer. Their suggestion was to try another computer. I tried again with low security settings in IE but that still didn't work (and yes I have reset my IE settings back). Has any one else come across this issue, and if so do they know a cure? Thanks for your help. Karen
Despite the owner's recommendation for you to "try another computer", the problem is most likely the site management and configuration errors of the 1shoppingcart features. …….The site owner's responsibility. 1shoppingcart is a commercial product available to entry level online entrepreneurs, and has easy configuration interface features, but some knowledge of html is required. Products and links must be kept up to date, both on the owner's primary site, and in the listing/management of 1shoppingcart(dot)com site. If the site owner wants you as a customer, he ought to be fixin' his site/links rather than saying that you need a new machine. There are many thousands of sites where you can make online purchases. Do a little "practice shopping" without completing any purchases, at a few well known/trusted sites. If your machine only has difficulty with one site………. that may tell the story. You should never have to "reduce" security settings to enable financial transactions. In fact, just the opposite. Best Regards
Hi Doug, That was my idea to try the security reduction since I had tightened security recently, so I thought it might be that. Another friend has tried the link and it's fine for her so it does seem to be just me, although I can't work out why. It's just 1shoppingcart that I'm having problems with - I've bought from other sites recently without any problems. If I got an error then at least I'd know where to start but I don't get anything….. Regards, Karen
hmmmm.

Wonder if it would help to clear out your Temporary Internet Files and clear your JAVA cache?

Don't know if that feature is driven by JAVA, but it's a strong possibility.

Run Disk Cleanup.

Then clear your JAVA Cache and Update your JAVA JRE if you haven't done so recently.

Clear your JAVA Cache which may have corrupted ActiveX files.
Afterwards, when you visit back to online sites that require ActiveX components, they will ask you to accept a fresh copy of their ActiveX. (not all sites, nor all activeX components are SAFE.) Be sure you make good decisions about where you browse and what you click/allow.

To Clear JAVA Cache:
Control Panel - (double-click)JAVA <– This brings up the JAVA Control Panel
On the General(tab) - Click on - Settings (at the bottom, in the Temporary Internet Files section)
Then click on - Delete Files - the OK, OK to exit the panel and exit JAVA Control Panel


Update JAVA

JAVA JRE Updating

Delete the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
1. Close any programmes you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
2. Click Start - Control Panel.
3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Select any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Next

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Download JRE here (4th one down the list), which is JRE6 update3,
Click Yes at the page warning
Accept the Licence Agreement before downloading the Offline file.
After completing the download (Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe 13.93 M
Install the new version of JRE.



Keep us posted with your progress, and especially let us know what eventually solves your situation.

Best Regards,
Doug
Just tried placing the order with my 'old' Vista laptop and it worked fine (so at last I've found something useful to do with my Vista laptop :) ), so at some stage I will compare and see if I can find out what the issue is with this one…. Regards, Karen
I said I'd come back if I found out the solution :) Well today I got fed up with it and started investigating and found a post in the internet about spybot search & destroy and 1shoppingcart. Spybot s&d doesn't like 1shopingcart (or clickbank) and so adds them to the host file. I deleted 1shoppingcart from the host file and although IE still won't show the website Firefox (which I use 99% of the time) does show the website. Not sure what will happen the next time I reboot the PC since spybot s&d may amend my host file again, or when it does an update but at least I have a solution now (other than using another PC) :thumbup: Regards, Karen
Hi Kaz1o1 Thanks for reporting back with your solution, that way others can benefit from it aswell :thumbup: As a side thought, it could be that 1shoppingcart was in the restricted list with Spybot S&D for a reason (!) Regards Abydos

As a side thought, it could be that 1shoppingcart was in the restricted list with Spybot S&D for a reason (!)


Apparently Spybot S&D doesn't like 1shoppingcart since it leaves tracking cookies, and although I'm not necessarily happy with that a lot of websites use 1shoppingcart to sell their products - some of which I actually want :)

Regards,
Karen

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI