Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cant Close Webpages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dazzer24

dazzer24

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:21 AM

hi there, whenever i browse the internet and have more than one page open at the same time when i come to close any of the pages the y wont close. the window goes blank and the little grey box 'send error report' appears. even if i send the report and it 'completes' when i click fnish nothing happens. to close the window i nned to use the end now facility on the windows task manager. i thought in a previous fix i had maybe deleted some part of internet explorer by mistake so ive reinstalled the latest version but its not done any good. wondering if reinstalling windows is gonna help but i wouldnt know where to start with that and ive no idea where the disc i got originally with the pc is. any help greatly appreciated;) regards darren

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear you are having problems with your machine.

You posted at the end of June in the malware removal forum, in this thread:
http://forums.tomcoy...453#entry383453
and were being advised by LDTate, but I cannot find the logs that he asked you to send him following his advice to run the Smitfraud fix. There doesn't seem to be any trace (that I can see anyway) in the thread of your reply to him in that thread, and it may be therefore that "undesirable elements" might be present on your machine.

It might be sensible to continue with the malware removal work and when your machine is declared clean of infection, post back here in this thread if you are still having issues and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 dazzer24

dazzer24

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:49 AM

hi Paws Thanks for your prompt reply. Last time I posted I followed the instructions posted on here and used smitfraudfix,spware s and d, and avg. this seemed to do the trick as it removed the malware and bogus virus removal ads that were on the system. but i seem to be left with this other problem. So I will follow this path again and see if it makes any difference and then post back. Thanks again, Darren