This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows updates keep repeating the same update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical
Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.


Hi Danszczerba,

Sorry you are having problems with Microsoft Updates -

Try post #4 on the following site OR there are other threads on the two other sites I have included that may get you out of trouble.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.htm…2600053#2600053

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI