Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

windows updates keep repeating the same update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danszczerba

danszczerba

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

Hello. I have a strange problem. Windows tells me "updates are ready to be installed". This is the update-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical
Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have installed this update at least 5-6 times in the last 2 days. I have just realized that this is the same update. I install, and 3 minutes later the icon is back telling me to install-Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-042 - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936227). I have restarted the computer after each install, but this has not solved the problem. Please help!!! I am running XP PRO/SP2. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem, but i recently activated Outlook 2003. Thanks.

Hi Danszczerba,

Sorry you are having problems with Microsoft Updates -

Try post #4 on the following site OR there are other threads on the two other sites I have included that may get you out of trouble.

http://forums.cnet.c...2600053#2600053

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

#3 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:gggggggggggooooooooooooolllllllllllffffffffffffffff

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

try this .type this into start/run hcp://system/updatectr/updatecenter.htm