This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

XP loads with no desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Windows loads both in Safe and regular mode but I get no desktop or icons. Using ctrl alt del I get the user interface and I try to run it manually but it tells me that it cannot be found. If I browse to it I find it. But it still tell me that it cannot find explorer.exe. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Tom
When you say you browse to explorer.exe.. Where are you browsing to it at? And then what do you do? Double-click the file to run it? This is when you get the "file not found" error? Please be more specific. This is possibly a malware infection and judging on your above response I will probably send you over to the malware removal forum, so be prepared. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI