Hi to all at "What the Tech" I have, as yet not thrown the computer in the bin but the hammer is close by and its possible that it could still suffer some major damage…as you can guess I am at my wits end in trying to sort out some viruses on my sons laptop. Problem number one it no longer logs onto the internet but goes drectly to a site called www.safewebnavigate.com/index.php?sid=151&aid=3&pn=1&pid=1 but the computer fails to open the site and freezes for ever no matter how long i wait or what i do it will not get on the net.. Problem Two I have downloaded onto this machine severial anti virus software and run them on my sons computer but to no avail PC tools spyware doctor did detect two : - adware.Zango and Adware.starware other pop ups have been named as Explorer. exe, Adware.Agent.bn, Adware.Zango and w32looksky..all stuff you have mentioned on your site… Problem three I have tried to download onto cd spybot and your HijackThis but it would not open and run on my sons computer so i am unable to give you any more information about the mess im in…but as you lot are cleaver people I have hope that something may be possible to get all this carp** off the computer and back to normal.. Lastly the computer is 6months old and runs XP I have all the discs that came with it so could i just format the hard drive and insert the discs? would this be my best bet?? Thanks for your help At my wits end Yours Dave