This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Graphics Or Driver Problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've just built a new PC and I'm having major issues installing the graphics driver. I have the following spec: AMD X2 6000+ K9A Platinum Mainboard 2 x X1950XTX Cards (only using one as I get no display with both setup, havent tried this with OS or drivers installed) 2GB Barricuder 250GB HDD 650W POV PSU XP SP2 Firstly I installed the OS with the upgrade and then the mainboard drivers including network drivers so i could get the latest ATI CCC download, this includes the hardware installed recognition for the card but as soon as I tried to install the ATI drivers I would get a system crash BSOD with a 0x0000008E error message (just the code, no main error). This happened everytime I tried to install the ATI software but the device manager stated the card was working fine and had the correct name device etc. I also installed the different card and tried both cards in the other PCIE slot to see if that would make a difference and still no joy. After that mare I have reinstalled the OS and then tried to install the ATI CCC and just the driver and it opens the intro graphic like before but restarts the machine (no BSOD this time, I did use my Pro upgrade the first time around which may account for this). Any help would be soooo appreciated as I'm starting to loose my mind :(…
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problems with the video on your computer.
WOW! ……….What a flying machine!
I'm sure you will have done this already, but do check your BIOS to see that you are not trying to use the onboard chip for video… you will need to set Video to PCIE
See how you go then, with the driver install.

If you are still having no luck, then go here:
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/595876-…s-x1950xtx.html
for further information and the driver uninstall tool that you will probably need for reinstalling drivers (again).!
Regards
paws
How do Paws… Had a look at the BIOS and I dont think I have onboard graphics so there isn't an option to swap. Unless I've missed something in the CMOS somewhere… It has had me baffled to why it's doing it, oh and the Barricuder, not sure what I was doing writing that :)… Should be Crucial Ballistix. Cheers

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI