This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Graphics Card Problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

I am experiencing some problems with Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I just bought the PC recently and I am receiving errors already!!!!

The graphics card is an ATI 9600.
Here are the details of what occurred:
NOTE: This problem occurred multiple times on all the user accounts

When I was surfing the internet, the computer just switches off!!!! I then start it up, log on to my account and a window appears detailing the error (see the following screens below)
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard011pq.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error22wl.jpg

The Microsoft Crash Analysis said:
"Error caused by a device driver"

"A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause"

This problem continued to occur even when playing games (america's army) and twice on MS Word. Once it happened when i was surfing the net but this time the "blue screen of death" appeared, it said that there was a problem with ati2dvag.dll.

The Error report has also been updated here : https://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.aspx?sid=10

I have contacted ATI, they told me to install the latest drivers, i have done that and no luck (even with the omega drivers)

Does anyone know how to sovle the problem?

Thank You :-)
My son just gave me a 9600 and a 9800 Pro. Both AGP 128 meg. He and my other son are good with this so they help me overcome a very simular issue. First go to the ATI site and DL the newest version of Catalyst I know a new one came out a week ago I think Ver. 5.13, but use 5.12. Don't open it! Next remove every video driver you have loaded, do this in both safe and standard modes with the Safe mode last. Turn off the computer, remove the card, and then reset it in the slot. Turn on the computer and you should get a PnP window "Found new hardware. Direct it to the new location for the Catalyst and run the driver install, go with the standard version install, not the custum. This should fix the issue. DLA
Follow the directions above, however, theres no need to boot into safe mode. Simply uninstall them, using ATI's catalyst uninstaller, and you will be fine. Also should note, do not chage the path of the installation. This is an issue ATI's had for quite sometime. Im guessing that most people just click through all that in the first place, that would explain why that bug hasnt been worked out.


(The default path will be C:\ATI and theres really no need to change that. If you have your paging file dedicated to C:\ then you might change it but other than that I would leave it be)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI