This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

install problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This mess started last week when my network card stopped working,I got a new card,but my pc would not install the drivers.when I swapped the new card for the old one,the pc would detect the new card,but as soon as I started loading the drivers I would get an error message saying problem installing this hardware.I got a different card and the only way I could get it to work was formatting and reinstalling xp. Now my video card is acting up(2 monitors blacking out and display problems). I got a new video card and attempt to install it and have the same error message when loading the drivers.Iam really stumped on this one!!The pc will detect the new hardware,but will not let you install the drivers.
hmm.. XP Pro? and is it a free build of xp? did the video card not come with software and if so it will not even install it from cd?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI