ZanesEscapePlan
Topic Starter
Hey all!
It's been awhile since I've been back to this site, glad to see it's still up and helping people out! Which is what I need!
My girlfriend's mom's computer is running really really really slow. Its a dell, dimension 4600. I will find out more system info soon. It takes a bit to get to the windows xp loading screen, then usually goes to a black screen for a few minutes then I finally get to click on a username to login. Then, from there it takes like another 10 minutes to load, and once it's up, its really slow. Can't really run anything on it because it crashes. It's only a few years old and has been a good computer.
Since I couldn't hardly run anything on it, I opened it up and took out the hard drive and scanned it with my computer using AVG Anti-Spyware and my Symantec Antivirus. Found a lot of junk, but when I put it back in and rebooted, it still took just as long.
So, first question is obviously what next, and second question is can I get a hijackthis log file of her hard drive using my computer? Because trying to run it on her computer just isn't happening. Hope you can help!
What do I do first???