This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Norton Antivirus 2005 Problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there, I'm having problems with Norton Antivirus and I stumbled across this site. Let's see if you can help. :)

When I click the Norton Antivirus icon, it usually doesn't open no matter how long I wait. I'll have to double click it about three times before it opens. When it finally does open, instead of seeing Norton Antivirus, it shows the window with whatever was behind it, as shown in this picture:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2693/nortonqf1.jpg

Unfortunately I can't do anything or even close it, so I have to use the Task Manager for that.

Thanks for your help!

Hey there, I'm having problems with Norton Antivirus and I stumbled across this site. Let's see if you can help. :)

When I click the Norton Antivirus icon, it usually doesn't open no matter how long I wait. I'll have to double click it about three times before it opens. When it finally does open, instead of seeing Norton Antivirus, it shows the window with whatever was behind it, as shown in this picture:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2693/nortonqf1.jpg

Unfortunately I can't do anything or even close it, so I have to use the Task Manager for that.

Thanks for your help!



Hi 'thetendy' Welcome to TC,

Please give us information about what OS you are running and particularly about your maintenance program. Your problem could be caused by one of many things but as you have no System information on your profile it is hard to know where to start here.

kind regards,
From the looks of the image you've posted, it appears that you are Running Active with AVG antivirus as well as your Norton. The two antivirus utilities do not play well in the same sandlot. Decide which one you want to run active and "completely" disable the other! Best Regards
And that solution was…………? It could easily help other members and readers of these posts if you supply the successful end of your problem-solving. Best Regards
I could have sworn I already posted this? Oh well, I'll post it again :P It's a problem with the 2005 edition of Norton Antivirus. Reinstalling should clear things up. Thanks again!
You might be right that you posted the fix earlier. I could have sworn that I read the fix, but not under your Username account here at TC. Thought it was somebody else with a similar situation. Anyway…… thanks for taking time to post or repost, as the case may be. :) Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI