This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan Horse Virus In System32 Windows Xp [Resolved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I Have Norton Anti Virus on my PC but a Virus has been found Named, Trojan Horse in (windows\system32\pmnmnop.dll ) I have run Hijack this and it says the file will be removed on reboot, but it is still there. Please help
Hello Nan44 and welcome to the TomCoyote Forums

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your problem.


Please run HijackThis, perform a scan, produce a log and post it in your reply

Regards,

Trevuren

I Have Norton Anti Virus on my PC but a Virus has been found Named, Trojan Horse in (windows\system32\pmnmnop.dll ) I have run Hijack this and it says the file will be removed on reboot, but it is still there. Please help



Thank you for your reply, My son who works in the computor field, has managed to eradicate this issue with some difficulty, it was a nasty one and very hard to delete. Thanks again Nan44
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI