This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Everything Takes Forever.....

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all! I hope it's not my machine that is getting old! For the last 2 months my machine takes forever to open dialog boxes, to start Firefox, to Start Outlook express. Its like "IT" thinks.. should I open this application? Should I show the list of the files? I ran CCcleaner, got rid of some junk and now I am turning to you guys. Whats bugging my computer?? Thanks!!
Hi gorilita,

Welcome back! :)
Or should I say, "Sorry to see that you've encountered a problem that persuaded you to return." :(

Malware is probably the most likely culprit here, but let's gather a better overview of your machine, before we make any conclusions or prescribe a course of action.

GoTo:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Run the Full Tests and post your TechExpress Link back into this thread

You will be required to register with a valid email address
You will be required to accept an ActiveX to enable your machine to run the tests
Both are SAFE and FREE

Test takes about 2-3 minutes.

We'll review your Full Tests Results with you and will be better able to offer suggestions.

Best Regards
Hello again Doug.. :wavey: Yes! my crazy machine persuaded me back. I ran the program you mentioned yesterday but didn't save any log. Its 1:00 am here and my eyes are closing. :weee: Tomorrow (well… later ..I will do my homework.) Best regards…
Hi Gorilita, I think you will be pleasantly rewarded, if you follow all of the recommended Pit Test Tune-up Tips. Complete as much as you are able, then run and post a Fresh PCPitstop Full Tests. We'll consider additional steps, after you get the preliminary work (Tune-up Tips) completed. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI