This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved]Hijackthis Log

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

That is the one I did install. Does it keep you safe of Trojans and worms? Is their pay version a resource hog? I just want to be informed so when they ask me questions I have them. Thanks

That is the one I did install. Does it keep you safe of Trojans and worms?
Is their pay version a resource hog? I just want to be informed so when they ask me questions I have them.
Thanks

There's not one program that will do it all. You also should have a firewall. Here's a list I suggest you have, it's in my clean speech:

You can remove any programs / Tools I had you install. Use Add/Remove Programs to remove if listed there otherwise just delete them and empty recycle bin.

Log looks good :D


You need to create a new Clean restore point.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.



If you dont have any programs like these, I would recommend that you get them.
Spywareblaster,
Spywareguard.


Also get a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

Only run one Anti-Virus and Firewall program.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Do not use Ad-aware if you have McAfee's VirusScan and AntiSpyware


Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein


Suggested reading:
Author: Oli
Written: 10 Sep '06

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/other/wha…_windows_down/5

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/other/wha…_windows_down/3
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI