This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Whats The Point Of Having A Computer If You Get Infected Every 5 Mins

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Cheers

Why do I keep on getting infected? I have followed all the advice from your good selves but still manage to get infected.
Only recently I got infected with an ISTBAR trojan ( the reason for starting this topic).
I only use trusted websites (to the best of my knowledge anyway) yet still manage to pick up rubbish.
Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Why do I keep on getting infected? I have followed all the advice from your good selves but still manage to get infected.
Only recently I got infected with an ISTBAR trojan ( the reason for starting this topic).
I only use trusted websites (to the best of my knowledge anyway) yet still manage to pick up rubbish.
Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Don't feel bad. It happens more then you think. Some trusted sites get hijacked as well.
There was a infection not long ago connected the the game World of Warcraft. When the people logged in to play, it took them to other sites selling crapware.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI