This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Trojan.fakealert

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Someone reccommend this site to me and the user CatByte. Awhile ago i got infected with the 'Personal Antivirus' virus. I believe I got rid of that. But recently I got a fake alert that said my computer was infected. I used the free scan from Spyware doctor and it said that I have Trojan.fakealert along with some cookies and stuff, which I don't know how dangerous they are. I think my computer first got infected when I was using McAfee. Then I switched to Avast and I am using Malwarebytes. Neither of these programs found anything. I downloaded Spybot and it got rid of some stuff. I just don't know what to do about this fakealert thing. To tell you the truth I am not very good at computer care, I am scared that something horrible is going to happen from this, and I am scared to tell my dad, I am afraid that we have to go to geeksquad or something to get the infections away. I don't know what to do. Please tell me what to do to get rid of this. I am very upset about this. Thanks.
Hello and welcome to WTT! :welcome:

Probably nothing, if things seem fine and whatever detected it removed it, it should be good. However, if you want to make sure all is good then perform the following steps so we can take a look for you. :)
–
Before we begin, I would like to see a more detailed look and update of your system.

Please follow the guidelines and outlines mentioned here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html

Install and run the tools mentioned there. If you have any problems when running the tools or unable to produce a report for any reason, just let me know in your next reply and skip it and continue. Upon completion, post the following logs in your next reply:

  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log
  • GMER Scan log
  • DDS logs (Both DDS.txt and Attach.txt)


Also, in addition please provide a brief description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI