I HAVE MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL ON A DELL DIMENSION 9130. WHILES ON THE WEB MY SPYWARE TOLD ME I HAD A VIRUS EMBEDED IN MY SYSTEM AND HAD TO REBOT. I DID JUST THAT AND SINCE THEN HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOGON. THE NOTICE I GET IS: " THE LOGON USER INTERFACE DLL MSGINA.DLL FAILED TO LOAD. CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR TO REPLACE DLL OR RESTORE ORIGINAL DLL
ANYONE PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION FOR ME…THANKS
Hi,
Sorry to hear that you have had a problem with both a virus and also with MSGINA.DLL
This can be a very serious situation and I recommend that before you do anything else you check that your backup/archive/copy of all your important files, data, settings, etc is 100% up to date, accurate and reproducible. If it is a day or two since your last back up, and you have created files or done important work since then, the number one priority should be to make sure the back up/archive/copy is 100%
If you have important stuff not backed up then it may be worth slaving your hard drive to another working machine or using a USB connection/External case to copy off your data.
Having secured your position then its always worth attempting to start in safe mode:
1 restart your machine and immediately after the bios loads but before Windows starts to load start tapping F8 once per second until a menu opens.
2 From the menu select "Last known good config" and hit Enter
3 See how you go.
4 You should also start looking out your application installation discs and your Windows Installation disc as a reinstall may prove necessary.
5 Post back here in this forum with how your machine goes (if at all) and we will assist with the next steps. ( tell us also your Service Pack installed, I.E. SP2)
Regards
paws
HI…THANKS FOR THE REPLY..I HAVE SP2. I ALREADY TRIED TO CONFIGURE ON SAFE MODE TOLAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION BUT TO NO AVAIL…..IS MY OLY OPTION TO REINSTALL WINDOWS XP OR IS THERE A PRODUCT ON THE MARKET THAT WILL RUN AND FIX THE PROBLEM FOR ME?
Hi,
No, it is premature at this stage to carry out a reinstall, but I just wanted to warn you that it might be necessary and for you to have everything that you need for a reinstall if it should become necessary in the future.
I am checking out the links for your fix and will get back to you asap.
Regards
paws
Hi,
1 Can you get into safe mode at all ?
2 I need to know if you can boot your computer at all into safe mode or normal mode
3 or is it logging in to the Internet that you say is to no avail?
4 Have you got all your important data, settings. files and stuff safely copied?
5 and is your Windows Xp Pro SP2 installation disc handy?
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI