This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

logonui.exe system error crypt32.dll is missing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hi guys, I done a system restore today on my laptop as it would not let me connect to internet through my mobile broadband dongle. On restart it goes through the motions but i get a black screen with an error message saying CRYPT32.dll missing fr4om your computer. try installing the program to fix this problem, but I dont have the recovery disks as it was pre-installed when I got it. Can anyone help on this, I have tried starting in safemode but its the same. Appreciate any help I can get on this.
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

Now, see here for Extract Files from Windows 7 Installation DVD

I just walked through it and it works. Copy the crypt32.dll to your \Windows\system32 folder then reboot and you should be set.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI