This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Norton Antivirus 2005

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I recently renewed by Norton Personal Firewall yearly subscription and everytime I reboot a screen appears stating that Norton Antivirus 2005 don't recognise the repair feature and to uninstall & reinstall the program. Another problem I have when browsing, Norton almost always brings up a screen that gives me an option to either block or allow a certain search engine, in my case AOL which is my main search engine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Dont you mind changing your anti virus software ?

I suggest using Panda Platinum internet Security 2006
Its easy to used dude..Updating automatically, Blocks internet attacks, Detect viruses,trojans,spyware and worms. Blocks hacking tools. Panda have a Powerfull Firewall Protection that makes your computer safe when connecting to the internet….

Visit : http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/Software/

I am sure that using this cant give you any problems. Not like Norton.
Well sorry for not answering your question but I only give a suggestion..

Goodluck dude
Eumic B)
Thanks for the link bro I will check it out. I've heard that it would be almost impossible to uninstall Norton System Works once it's there it's there to stay, or have I been mislead?
No, it is not impossible, merely very difficult! After you haveuninstalled it using Add/Remove programs, there is a lot left behind. to remove this, Symantec have a tool on their website to completely clean it up. see this page for details.
Thanks for the links, it worked out great and the screen dissapeared! I might just hold on to Norton for a while longer as everything is as it should be now, well almost.. I've always had this problem with my 'Go back' feature and have since turned it off. Therefore, everytime I reboot it asks me to active Norton go back or not. When I do it reboots and my pc starts in what looks like safe mode with various options from the go back feature. Could someone pls explain what steps I should follow to install this feature properly?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI