This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Conficting Sercurity Interests

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi After having having a computing problem of mine resolved, which I give huge thanks, I have been advised to get "zonealarm" or a similar fire wall product in addition to the windows one I already have. So I downloaded "zonealarm" and began setup but a message said I couldn't install it because it conflicts with my anti-virus (its an CA etrust antivirus ver 7.1.192 which has real time monitoring - incoming and outgoing files) My question is do I, or is it recommended that i have an extra firewall programme in addition to my windows one which doesn't conflict with my current antivirus (mentioned above). Thanks in advance and kind regards
Oh hello again I just cant stay away lol well I already have the windows xp firewall. Is it still ok to put an additional firewall on maybe one of the ones you have suggested. this wont conflict with my antivirus right??? as far as antiviruses how does my etrust 7.1 antivirus rate? regards

Oh hello again I just cant stay away lol

well I already have the windows xp firewall.
Is it still ok to put an additional firewall on maybe one of the ones you have suggested.
this wont conflict with my antivirus right???
as far as antiviruses how does my etrust 7.1 antivirus rate?
regards

etrust 7.1 should be fine. Windows Firewall only checks incoming.
Try one of the others I posted, if none work then stay with Windows, it's better then nothing.
Fair enough but the etrust does have a real time monitor which monitors incomming and outgoing Files but this isnt a firewall right?
no i got it for rental as a student along with my laptop which iam in the process of buying. I have to ask the people who deal with rental of my equipment. Thanks for assisting me again just to let you know the help you gave me earlier got me back of alot memory space so thanks again for that i am in your debt. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI