This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Can't Connect To Download Hijackthis

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to make first use of TomCoyote.org. When I click on the "HijackThis" download button, I get a popup dialog that says "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.tomcoyote.org." I am having the same trouble when trying to perform a Google search, except that the dialog says "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.google.com." I have more problems, but getting HijackThis is the first step to correction (I hope!)
try downloading from here.
  • Download HJTsetup.exe from here
  • Double click on HJTsetup.exe to start the install of HijackThis by merijn
  • Click Next>
  • Click Next>
  • Click Next>
  • Select the option to Create a desktop icon
  • Click Next>
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish
  • Click Do a system scan and save a logfile
  • It will produce a log for you, post the contents of that log as a reply to this topic
  • Note: To run HijackThis again in future, double click on the HijackThis shortcut on your desktop

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI