Hi there,
I have been experiencing a repetetive issue where I am completely unable to view tomcoyote.org. I can go for days where I can access, then for a day or two I get a 'Page cannot be displayed. when I try to visit the site either manually, or via a link in my email. My Windows updates are all present and my Java is updated.My machine is malware free. I have cleared my cache, disconnected, rebooted, cleared my cache and tried acessing during these periods with multiple browsers….Firefox, Opera, IE and OffByOne….all are the latest versions. I even added tomcoyote.org to my trusted sites…..checked my Hosts file etc. This problem never occurs with any other forums I frequent. Now, suddenly after being unable for the last two days, I'm able to access again. Does anyone have an idea why this may be happening and what if anything I can do about it?
Big Smiles
HS
Hello! I am an Admin at GeeksToGo. We moved TomCoyote forums, and GeeksToGo forums to a new server a few days ago. We were "guaranteed" better service and uptimes. However, due to the large amount of traffic on the two sites, we were still experiencing random load spikes, making the sites "time out" for many users randomly. Tonight, we moved g2g to a different server, which so far has stabilized us.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused. We appreciate everyone's patience as we work hard to optimize the stability of both sites.
i have similar problems as HS, it happens quite regularly sometimes i cant reach the site for days.
so far i have usually solved it with ipconfig /flushdns command while offline
i can't ping tomcoyote.org, i cant tracert tomcoyote.org etc
i think its my isp's dns or whatever. its very annoying
Hi there,
Thanks for responding and answering my question. I am most relieved that it is nothing to do with my computer…but at the same time am sorry to hear Geeks To Go has been and TomCoyote.org is still, having problems with their servers. I hope that the problem is solved for you soon I see a couple of familiar faces in this thread
Big Smiles
HS
Same problem here in France, although TC is not down for days but one day at the most (in my exeprience SpyWareInfo has the same problem by the way); normally less but not less ennoying but….
I have all the confidence that the pro's will fix/solve the problem.
Hi there,
I haven't experienced that problem with SWI….only TomCoyote.org. Maybe that was during the time a few months ago when SWI's server went down for a few weeks and they lost some data?
Big Smiles
HS