This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Running Scan Troubles - Vista Compatible

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a new PC with Windows Vista Home Basic. I just downloaded HJT file today and ran into a warning message and an error #75 message when attempting to run a scan. I’m not sure if I did something wrong in the download or if it is a compatibility issue with Vista. Any ideas? Thanks for help - Denise
Thanks for the link Shelf Life. I am 2 weeks into Vista and it is frustrating. Nothing is where it used to be, nor called the same. Should I uninstall the current HJT before downloading the beta? Thanks again - Denise
hi Denise,

[Should I uninstall the current HJT before downloading the beta?/quote]

yes you should.

it is alot different than other versions as you know by now. all in the name of "improved security" it will take most people time to navigate and get use to it.

heres a link to vista info, lots of info here if you have time. maybe more than you want though.
http://itsvista.com/topic/configuration/

or you can google for info:
http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

shelf life
Hi Shelf Life, Thanks a gazillion! I have the Beta version from TrendMicro. I had a bit of trouble at first, not knowing if I should select the zip file or executable download option. I ran into some type of host warning error after opting for the zip file. However, after restarting PC and right clicking on the HJT .exe file, then selecting RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (as recommended)… Now HJT appears to be running smooth. Happy to have HJT back. Now I have to ask, what is the difference between Beta version?? Am I getting the same HJT as with my ole XP? Thanks again for help and the links for Vista help. Denise

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI