I downloaded HJT Version 1.99.1 and received a scan; however, in order to complete a scan of the entire system I need Version 1.98.2. I have Windows NT5.01.2600 and the newer version of HJT will crash.
I've posted in this forum; however, I'm not a new user, just an inept one. I make lots of mistakes and it's hard for me to understand stuff related to computers.
Received email from Micah 6:8. Blessings in the name of our Lord Jesus, Brother Micah 6:8! The view number posted was 69543, but I do not know how to get to this; therefore, I have to search a lot. I too am a member of Spybot S&D and Safer Networking forums. I need to download a HJT program and either permit you or Spybot to help me out. Please advise. My "puter" is in bad shape. Thank you. I remain…MizB, trusting God's Word: Philippians 4:6-7.
Download the latest version of HijackThis! that will work on your machine.
Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.
Run it from that folder.
Click "Do a system scan and save a log file".
DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!
Go here:
Malware Removal Forum
Start a new thread.
And "copy/paste" the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into THAT thread.
MizB/Tarheel – We want to help you, but you'll need to work with us. Little_Eagle is one of the best helpers you can find…stick with him over at the Safer-Networking topic.
These help forums are staffed by volunteers, and it is both confusing and uneeded duplicate work for them when a member is opening the same problem multiple times in multiple forums. As a ressult, the moderators at both Safer-Networking and TomCoyote have had to 'archive' (remove) some of these multiple descriptions of the same problem to prevent our volunteers from duplicating each other's work.
I hope you understand and will be able to work through the problem with LE quickly. Please confine yourself to the topic with him at Safer Networking (link above in this post)
Thanks in advance for "helping us to help you."
daveai
TanCoyote Administrator
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI