This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Zone Alarm free firewall is preventing networked access of my PCs

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, at the advice of this forum, I installed a firewall, and zone alarm was pointed out to me as a free firewall, so I installed it. Every since then, my PCs (on my home network) can't see each other/transfer files, etc. As a work around, when I need to do network work, I disable zone alarm, and then everything works dandy. Does anybody know of a way I can get zone alarm to work, and yet get my PCs to see each other on my home network? By the way, my home consists of only two PCs, and they are both running Windows XP. I have a 2WIRE modem/router that connects them.
Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with your edition of Zone Alarm. Have you set it up to allow access? Click on ZA icon in the notification area Click on Firewall Click on Add and enter the details. Regards paws

Hi Thromble have you tried their forum,you might find answer to your problem…….

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board?…=cfg&page=5

Hope this helps….

Regards pacman123

That's the first thing I tried, but I didn't where their forum was. I googled for it, but came up empty. However, based on the first reply above, I'm hopeful. I'll soon try adding the IP address of my other PC to my trusted zones and he just suggested, and hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks for giving me the URL of the forum - I'll definitely bookmark it. And also thanks to the first poster for his helpful reply as well. :)

Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with your edition of Zone Alarm.
Have you set it up to allow access?
Click on ZA icon in the notification area
Click on Firewall
Click on Add and enter the details.
Regards
paws


Thank you. That worked perfectly. :thumbup: (I used the ipconfig command to learn what the IP address of my second computer was.)

I'm obviously a novice at using zone alarm - I only installed it for safety reasons, but I see I should learn more about it.
Hi, Congratulations and well done. Now that you have configured Zone Alarm to allow access to "your Network" but to prevent undesirable elements from entering, you have contributed enormously to the security of your system. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI