Hi all having a little problem with sound, iam useing windows xp sigmel tel sound, sound from computor allright but when i turn speakers low i hear a local radio station playing on them. Any idea how to correct this or just put up with it. thanks bob
I'll be interested to read "the real answer" to your question.
I have a Cingular cell-phone that I sometimes use near my computer.
When it is "dialing" I hear a "morse-code" type pattern of buzzing on one set of speakers.
_____
What may help…….
Do you have your computer plugged into a three-prong connected that is properly "grounded"?
Are you sure?
Do you use a power-surge strip to connect your computer, monitor and peripherals?
How old is it?
Surge-protectors are only "good" until they protect you from the "first surge". After that, they are pretty much just an expensive extension-cord.
Replace your surge-protectors about 1x yearly, whether or not you think you've had a power surge.
Your Speakers probably also have a power supply. Is it connected to a properly grounded receptical?
Are your Appliances, freezer, refrigerator, electric motors, connected to properly grounded three-prong recepticles?
Any of your Appliances "old" and maybe drawing more than spec's amperage, thereby throwing your home wiring system out of balance?
How close are you to the Radio Station in question?
Is there a CB Radio enthusiast close-by in your neighborhood?
I used to hear my neighbor "every time" he fired up his CD transmitter.
Hope you get an answer.
I'll be interested to read it.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI