This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

how can I make

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am setting up a limited privilege and I am having a brain Fa$^ when it comes to some of this. I have it set up but I also do not want the second account to be able to use many of the programs that are on the computer, at the same time I do not want to do the parent controll. I have not been able to keep it from downloading things either. this sysetm is a dell demention 2400 w/ xp pro, sp2 any suggestions? thanks
MS Limited User Accounts are first and foremost aimed at "Security".

Principle in this primary aim, is that Limited user accounts - cannot install most new software, including ActiveX components from Websites that require ActiveX for user interaction with the Website.

Beyond that limitation, Limited User Accounts are able to operate almost all of the Applications that have been installed on the machine, except those that expressly require Administrative authority.
_________

Limiting Software, requires an additional approach, namely Group Policies.
Many who have become "familiar and friendly" with Group Policies are very pleased and find that they have much greater control over their own machine, including their own use and use by others.

Study Up:
maybe beginning here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn…n/rstrplcy.mspx
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServe…3.mspx?mfr=true
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307882
and this last one requires that you Register to Join the Site, presuming you want to learn about IT.
It's a wealth of information,take a look:
http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/loginMem…66312%2C00.html

Best Regards
I should have guessed it would not be a click or two simple fix! oh well what is the day if you dont learn right. Thanks Dough. I will check it out and the IT part as well, always good to know what I am doing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI