This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Memory Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again guys I'll try and make this short. Girlfriends laptop was giving her the blue screen of death. I checked it out, and it was giving memory_management error. So I thought maybe it was a bad install of windows, since they had just had it formated and what not. So i did another format, and during the install, i got the same bsod and error message. I finally managed to work through the install, and once windows started, it came up with an error message saying the system has recovered from a serious problem. and under more information, it gave these error messages. C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031107-02.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\PEACOC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER50.tmp.dir00\sydata.xml Laptop is running windows xp home 2.7 ghz pentium r 4 384 mb I have a feeling that a stick of ram is gone. But i'd like your opinions on this first. Farfig
Run MemTest86. You should be able to run 2 or 3 full cycles of MemTest86 with no errors. If you do have errors reported, consider pulling one or more or the memory sticks, and run MemTest on only a single RAM Stick. Testing each of your RAM Sticks separately will tell you which one(s) are bad, if any. In the meantime, does the machine boot up (inspite of the error)? Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI