Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

McAfee Firewall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jakkie

jakkie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

The past few days I keep on getting a message from Windows Security update that my McAfee firewall is disabled. I get a message to turn Windows' firewall on and then a message that critical updates has been in installed for McAfee Total Protection and that I must restart my computer. I've done this only to get the same messages again. Strange thing is that when I check to see if McAfee is turned off, it isn't. It is turned on trusted network. When I check for updates through McAfee it shows that I have the latest updates.
I don't understand how the critical update message for McAfee comes from Microsoft?
I ran a scan with Noadware v5 and the software didn't pick up any threats, not even tracking cookies like it usually does. The scan I ran through McAfee Virusscan deleted one file. Unfortunately when I tried to view details an error message came up - something about don't have permission.
Microsoft defender picked up a trojan virus and deleted it. This is the first time ever that Defender has picked up anything. NoAdware always picks up tracking cookies, McAfee only occasionally picks up Potentially Unwanted Programs which it delete automatically. And this is the first time any has picked up a trojan horse, it sounds dangerous.
Lately while a new site is loading the address at the bottom for different sites shows ad.doubleclick.net . On my previous computer Noadware used to pick up a potential threat called exactly that. Is it a threat?
My computer at times is extremely slow
This all started at about the time when the inbox of my gmail account started to get flooded with different kind of lotto scams and heineken promotion scams and some bannister that want to pay a large sum of money in my account etc. All from different email addresses and delivered in my inbox and not as spam. I have opened most of them and wondered if it was possible to receive viruses just by opening email.
Another thing that might be a bit far fetched - I do a lot of affiliate marketing where I get a tracking code or I redirect visitors through my link to a website. Strange thing is that even though I get the same amount of clicks as usual according to my statistics, suddenly all except one off the affiliate network statistics show that I have sent no visitors. Can somebody Hijack your affiliate link somehow? This is what really started to bother me since my computer started behaving differently.
Anyway, hope somebody has the time to check through my log. If somebody does, thank you.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 17:09:22, on 05/03/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7100 Series\lxbxmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7100 Series\ezprint.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\King Kong Software\Capture\KingKongCapture.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SpeedItUpExtreme\SpeedItUpEx.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Nokia\MPAPI\MPAPI3s.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxbxcoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Connect\VMConnect.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\myAgtSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MANAGE~1\VScan\McShield.exe
C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\personal firewall\MPFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\personal firewall\MPFService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\myAgtTry.exe
C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Connect\WLANClient\WlanClient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~2\THUNDE~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSPUB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\msohelp.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\jakkie\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://au.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://au.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://au.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!7
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MVS Splash] C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\Splash.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Managed Services Tray] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\myagttry.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXBXCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXBXtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxbxmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7100 Series\lxbxmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FaxCenterServer4_in_1] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7100 Series\fm3032.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EzPrint] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7100 Series\ezprint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\personal firewall\MPfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KingKongCapture] C:\Program Files\King Kong Software\Capture\KingKongCapture.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CFSServ.exe] CFSServ.exe -NoClient
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [NCInstallQueue] rundll32 netman.dll,ProcessQueue
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [0081751173079470mcinstcleanup] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\008175~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpeedItUpEX] "C:\Program Files\SpeedItUpExtreme\SpeedItUpEx.exe" -MINI
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PcSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Internet Window Washer] C:\PROGRA~1\FREEIN~1\Clearpch.exe -Start
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BlueSoleil.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Bonjour - {7F9DB11C-E358-4ca6-A83D-ACC663939424} - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\ExplorerPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.c...nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {40C83AF8-FEA7-4A6A-A470-431EE84A0886} (SecureObjectFactory Class) - http://vscan.mcafeem...60613002956.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1169134470156
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BCA7C24C-7363-4005-8953-47A05A307FA1}: NameServer = 196.207.40.165 196.43.46.190
O18 - Protocol: myrm - {4D034FC3-013F-4B95-B544-44D49ABE3E76} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\MyRmProt4.0.0.358.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~4\GOEC62~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BlueSoleil Hid Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopManager.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: lxbx_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxbxcoms.exe
O23 - Service: McShield - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MANAGE~1\VScan\McShield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\personal firewall\MPFService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Total Protection Agent Service (myAgtSvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\myAgtSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 little eagle

little eagle

spyware hawk

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts
  • Interests:spyware

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:03 PM

It looks like you have tow anti-virus programs running? Remove one of them.

Sorry for the delay :oops:
If you still need help and haven't posted at another forum.

Rescan with hijackthis and post a new log.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
I will be emailed when you reply.

#3 little eagle

little eagle

spyware hawk

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts
  • Interests:spyware

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

Due to a lack of a responce this topic is now closed.

If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

To help keep your PC clean follow the recommendations here by shelf life.