This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

phantom McAfee

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Do you have any suggestions how to deal with this: McAfee firewall switched off my Windows Defender. I have never downloaded and installed McAfee and I cannot find any software or any trace of it on my computer.It keeps switching off Windows Defender any time I turn it on and I am unable to access a great number of sites.
McAfee firewall switched off my Windows Defender. I have never downloaded and installed McAfee and I cannot find any software or any trace of it on my computer.It keeps switching off Windows Defender any time I turn it on and I am unable to access a great number of sites.
I moved this topic over to Windows Forum.

jrmnr has already posted in Malware Removal, where it looks like this problem belongs.

jrmnr please feel free to post back here if you have additional issues, after you have settled the Malware Problem.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI