This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Partitioning..

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Ok .. I have 3 drives C:, D:, E: which are 20 GB, 10 GB, 10 GB respectively (yes I was bored) I have Window's 2000 and Windows ME on the primary. I have Windows 2003 and XP on secondary and I want to put 98x and NT.. My question is can I partition the C: which is 20 GB's to load all my OS on there and have enough room…. which leads me to my next question.. how much room per partition.. I think at 3000 MB per one I may loose stability on say ME and 98.. .. anyway.. thanx for help. .. ( the reason I am installing all of those is because I forget where stuff is when I been away from one to long)
Hi Crow, I've seen it recommended to put your swap file (pagefile.sys) on a different partition or different drive from your OS.

Here's a usefule link:
http://www.techadvice.com/win2000/p/page-file_w2k.htm

It refers to this, which you should read (you need at least a small additional pagefile in your root partition): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?…&NoWebContent=1

You might take that into account when designing your partition sizes.

3G would be plenty of room for the OS itself, if you put your installed apps and data elsewhere. However my experience is that this is a @#$ nuisance as every program you install wants to be in C:\Program Files, and a few don't work well if told to install elsewhere.