Alright… I am not unwilling to do that. But if you don't mind I am going to post up a screen shot of my Device manager if I can… I think I remember reading somewhere that a world of trouble could be caused by bad USB Drivers. Also there is the Terrain Navigator Program which has a great deal of Business Critical information in it. And I am unsure of how successful I can moving it to another system unchanged. The discouraging part to me is that I thought with your help I was awfully close. The system seemed fine early this week… and then It went crazy again… I can't figure out what changed it.
Oh and I guess I should earlier today I did try to find the tools to test the memory on the systems restore disk… Before I could,The machine rebooted and went into systems restore mode and locked up. So I assume that there is a more brute force way to reformat?
I finally managed to disable Norton's Self Protect. Long enough to get to the uninstall error without locking up..
This led me to the download for the Norton System Works uninstaller. There are still a few traces but the machine is running soo sooooo much better. I read in some microsoft articles about how the STop error Kernel Trap could also be caused by Norton. Support article Microsoft #822789
So with it gone I could fix the display drivers… Stability is improved dramatically. Doing a final scan of everything and will post the results. I still need to learn and apply better security procedures both eternal and external to keep this work from having to be repeated… but at anyrate I truly appreciate your help and welcome any and all forth coming advice.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.