This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

B4 running hijackthis

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having a major issue. I went away Saturday and left my pc unlocked. My son allowed his girlfriend to use it while he was on his computer and Sunday I go to use it and I have a windows defender message telling me it detected a trojan cleaned it..not exact wording and to reboot. Probably should have double checked and investigated further but in my panic I rebooted. My PC now keeps rebooting so I am unable to effectively do anything. I booted into safe mode and updated and ran spybot, adaware, windows defender, norton antivirus. Initially, I found look2me, command, mirar, deskbar, ezula-i-lookup, dollarrevenue, effective-i toolbar, mediamotor, and Monnet on which I can barely find any info online about. Between all of the scan tools, I have successfully removed them all however my pc still reboots when in normal mode. I have downloaded hijackthis using safemode with networking and that is how I am working now, but what are my other options? I am sure something is still on here…a registry setting or something? Help
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to reply. Thanks


you can get a complete installer that installs HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, making an entry in the start menu and also providing a desktop shortcut from http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe .

Click on the link and select Save, save it to your desktop and double click HJTsetup.exe.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here plese use the [Add Reply] button below.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI