This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

computer beeps

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My desktop computer seems to emit a beep from within the tower. It happens maybe every half hour (I'm guessing on that) The computer is not freezing or anything. and it doesn't seem to effect the performance but it must mean something. Thanks just sara
Unfortunately, you told us nothing about your computer so I can only guess. When was the last time opened the side of the case and cleaned out all the heat trapping dust and dirt? My guess is your CPU is getting too hot and that beep is a warning to you to do something about it.
Thanks for the reply. I did not have the particulars of the system in front of me when I posted. The computers is in a warm location. Do I just open the housing and blow out the dust? Thanks just sara
Hi again I opened the thing up and used a compressed air can to blow out the dust. Now it seems to be "chirping". Should I be concerned ? Thanks just sara
Chirping? Not sure what that means. Is the sound coming from the internal speaker? Make sure wires are not hitting a fan blade.
it may be more like turning a rusted wheel if that makes any sense. Nothing seems to be out of place. I'll keep an eye out . Thanks sooo much, you guys don't know how much we appreciate you taking time out to help. just sara

it may be more like turning a rusted wheel if that makes any sense.

Actually, it does. It "sounds" like the bearings of a fan are failing. You can verify this by briefly touching the center hub of the fan. If that fan is failing the sound will change change.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI