Everytime I start an online game I get this stupid windows beeping noise and it won't stop until the game client is exited. This is the most annoying thing I have ever heard in my life please help. It's the windows beeping sound no idea why it is occuring but it is bloody annoying please help
Francois
Is that a "steady repeating beep-beep-beep sound that you are hearing.
If so, many machines use that continuous beeping as a warning that a component is overheating!
Open up your case and make sure all the fans are spinning vigorously.
Check for dust bunnies throughout, and especially at the bottom-front where the air intake vents are located.
Check the fan on your Video Card, if you have one.
Turn off the power, unplug the power cord, press the "power up" button on the front of the tower to discharge the residual capacitance.
Then using careful Static Electricity caution, check that all of your PCI/AGP cards are correctly seated.
Same for RAM,
Check power and IDE connections for your Drives.
Check the main power connector to the motherboard,
Inspect the CPU to be sure all the correct clips are in place and that the HeatSink and Fan are correctly seated.
Lock carefully at the capacitors on your Motherboard for bulging or leaking capacitors.
Keep us posted with your progress.
Best Regards
Sorry, I'm not a gamer, so I don't recognize if those games are any more/less graphic intensive.
But if you get the "beep" problem when running more graphic intense applications, you may be narrowing the focus, though CPU, RAM and Graphics would still all be involved, and of course PSU.
Do you get any "printed warning" that your Graphics Acceleration is being throttled back due to reduced voltages?
Is it the same beep tone that you will sometimes hear during POST when booting?
Is is constant in rhythm or does it have a short-long pattern of beeps?
How about your Graphics Acceleration…….. updated drivers?
Ah found the problem. I tried look 'n' stop firewall and it was having a freak day when I opened a game. Probably because it's using port 1717 so yeah I'll switch firewalls lol.
Thanks for all the help though
Francois
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI