This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

New problem...

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:wavey:

quite a few problems really, but i think you can only help me sort one of them!

Sorry i've been away, i've had an operation on a Pilonidal Sinus. Basically they've cut a huge chunk out of me and i can barely walk, so i am sorry not to be on the site since last time.

However, as i am fairly ill, i went to play a dvd on my computer and i got this error message:

[external image: Posted Image]

I'm pretty sure i've got the latest drivers for my sound and video card. So i'm pretty confused.

Basically, when i put a DVD into my CD/DVD drive it wont play. Now, i've got .AVI files on the computer and they play fine with sound n all, so i'm baffled.

Thanks for reading, i hope someone can help.
I ran Belarc advisor and i cannot find a driver for my sound card. it appears in yellow in the hardware tab. i am thinking of buying a new PCI sound card that will work with XP. That might solve it?
Thanks for the Link. Just for info, i'm using Windows Media 11. However, i tried using Interactual and that didn't work either, said there was a problem with the audio subsystem… my sound card is: Aureal Vortex 8820 Audio (WDM)
bizarrebob, Glad to hear you have it worked out. I'm happy to have been able to help. It's gotta be tough to have a "chunk" taken out of you :(. I wish you a swift recovery from your current physical condition. Cheers, Ax
Hi Bizzy, Glad to hear that with Ax's help you are now fixed up Ok. I want to echo Ax's comments and wish you all the best for a good recovery. (Having had a few chunks out myself, from the same sort of area, so to speak , I guess I know something of how you feel! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI