This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows XP - Power Options: Power Schemes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Under Power Options: Power Schemes, I have lost all of my power schemes. This means I no longer have the options as to closing down screen, hard drives, hibernation, etc. I suspect it may be due to a programme called "Diskeeper" distributed by Executive Software. It has an option to activate a disk defragger when in screen saver mode, and since turning this feature on, I have no power schemes. I have switched it off, but the problem persists. My PC has two users. The alternate user does not have this problem and this seems weird. Any hints on how to restore power schemes would be most appreciated. I have attached a copy of the power options screen.📎Screen_Dump.doc

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI