This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Flash problem? NO sound in YouTube

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I couldn't view any youtube videos recently, so I downloaded the latest version of Flash. After downloading and installing that, I was able to view the video on youtube, but I couldn't hear any audio. I tried several videos. The audio on my computer itself works fine, and it works on other sites and in shockwave animations, but for some reason won't work in youtube. I'm willing to bet that it probably won't work in google, either, but I have yet to attempt that. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'll post some specs just in case: OS: Windows XP SP2 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz RAM: 768 MB Soundmax audio 80Gb Hard disk space Dell Dimension Dim3000 Desktop Computer EDIT: I just tried using Google Video. I can't even see the video on that site, and I just tried installing the lastest version of Flash again. The install was succesfull, but still no video on Google and no audio on Youtube.
Thank you! It took about 4 tries, but I found a solution that worked ^^ I simply had to delete wavemapper from the drivers32 section and replace it with a new wavemapper with the proper data.
:thumbup: Great to hear! Sorry for giving you such a long thread to look through, I would have rather given you the fix you needed up-front, but who knows which one it is without trying!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI