Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Flash problem? NO sound in YouTube

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Of Blood

Shadow Of Blood

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

I couldn't view any youtube videos recently, so I downloaded the latest version of Flash. After downloading and installing that, I was able to view the video on youtube, but I couldn't hear any audio. I tried several videos. The audio on my computer itself works fine, and it works on other sites and in shockwave animations, but for some reason won't work in youtube. I'm willing to bet that it probably won't work in google, either, but I have yet to attempt that. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'll post some specs just in case: OS: Windows XP SP2 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz RAM: 768 MB Soundmax audio 80Gb Hard disk space Dell Dimension Dim3000 Desktop Computer EDIT: I just tried using Google Video. I can't even see the video on that site, and I just tried installing the lastest version of Flash again. The install was succesfull, but still no video on Google and no audio on Youtube.

Edited by Shadow Of Blood, 19 January 2007 - 07:26 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hello,

Must be a pretty aggravating situation. You can try the instructions in the following link:
http://wizkid.wordpr...dio-on-youtube/

Ax

#3 Shadow Of Blood

Shadow Of Blood

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

No luck. Tried what it said, but I still can't hear sound on youtube.

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Ok, Check out the suggestions in the following thread:
http://www.adobe.com...hreadid=1175007

Edit: Change the topic view to linear for readability.

Edited by Ax238, 19 January 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#5 Shadow Of Blood

Shadow Of Blood

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

Thank you! It took about 4 tries, but I found a solution that worked ^^ I simply had to delete wavemapper from the drivers32 section and replace it with a new wavemapper with the proper data.

#6 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

:thumbup: Great to hear! Sorry for giving you such a long thread to look through, I would have rather given you the fix you needed up-front, but who knows which one it is without trying!