This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

YouTube Videos etc...

74 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person:… :wavey: …I've been here before with other probs…This is a new one…One that I previously ignored…(Didn't need it or use it)
I can NOT get the video's on YouTube to play…

If you watch TV at all you probably saw the ad for "Jack in the Box" where "Jack" got hit by a bus… The ad is NOT a fake…It REALLY happened…The founder of "Jack in the Box" REALLY got hit by a bus on Feb,1st….He is in the hospital in not too good of shape…

Anyway , the video starts to load , then stops short….Way short !!……Plays only about 3 or 4 sec's…
I've ALWAYS had a problem with ANY YouTube video…..So I pretty much gave up on YouTube etc…
But THESE I want to see…

I have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX , Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin , & Macromedia Flash Player 8 loaded in…I'm on dialup with an older Dell Optiplex GX1 computer…
If you need more info , just ask & I'LL be glad to give it to you…

THANK you VERY much in advance for your anticipated help…. :whistling:

PS: Found this in another thread..===>"CPUID-HWmonitor"…Downloaded it & Can't figure out how to use it..
Seems like a tool I'd use to moniter this old comp…Any suggestions ???
Hi RonM,

I'm on dialup with an older Dell Optiplex GX1 computer…

I think you will find the reason is in quotes above Ron…..

Others will give their opinion, but I would bet the reason is you are on dial-up. I had the same problem about 10 years ago.

Sorry,

kind regards,

PS: Found this in another thread..===>"CPUID-HWmonitor"…Downloaded it & Can't figure out how to use it..
Seems like a tool I'd use to moniter this old comp…Any suggestions ???


Hi Ron

HwMonitor is a portable program(no install needed), used for monitoring fan-speeds, PSU voltages and
heat on various hardware, such as CPU, GPU and HD etc.

Unzip it.
Open folder
Double-click the HwMonitor exe icon
It will now gather info (its pretty quick, shouldn't take more than 10 sec's max)

As for your original question, I am with Tallin on that one.

What browser do you use? It may be a matter of setting the time-out request
loading pages.

Regards
Abydos: Thank you for your reply….In reply to your post:==>

What browser do you use? It may be a matter of setting the time-out request
loading pages.

I have IE 7 & Mozilla FireFox….. FireFox is VERY slow loading webpages , so I use IE 7 ….I do not know how to set the "time out" request….On some of the larger downloads (Programs) I will get a "Time Out" notice , so I can't get them…No worry…

Unzip it.
Open folder
Double-click the HwMonitor exe icon
It will now gather info (its pretty quick, shouldn't take more than 10 sec's max)

I did that….Please take a look at the enclosed attachment: Sorry , I can not get the attachment to look like it does on my computer…. :(

[attachment removed]

You'll notice that there are NO temps OR voltages displayed…That's the info I'm looking for…& what I saw in the other thread.
Abydos: Thanks again….Best regards… :)
Hi Ron Its probably due to the fact that its a old MB. Maybe also lack of sensors on it. You could try some detective work on your MB manufacturers homepage, and see if they have a diagnostic tool lying around somewhere, most have one. But given the age of the MB, it might be really hard to find one, tho :unsure: As for setting the time-out request, it is a matter of altering some values in the registry. Not sure, if we should fiddle with that to be honest. I don't think it would matter, since you are on Dial-up. But I can hear some of the senior staff tech's, if they know of a different way to approach this if you like. Regards
Abydos: Hi there again…This is my last post this evening..Have to go offline…In reply==>

I will NOT tamper with the registry….I was born at night , but NOT last night…So I"LL respectfully pass on that..
Given the age of my computer / MB , it would have been nice if "CPUID-HWmonitor " would have worked …The info would have helped me keep tabs on my comp's health…No matter…No need to contact staff techs…

Abydos: Thanks for your informative reply… :)
I'LL probably see you tommorrow on the other thread…Have a GOOD night…

Best Regards… :popcorn:

Abydos: Thanks for your informative reply… :)
I'LL probably see you tommorrow on the other thread…Have a GOOD night…

Best Regards… :popcorn:


Thanks, and the same for you :wavey:

Regards
Hi RonM,

You may like to try HDTune.exe
HD Tune is a hard disk utility which has the following functions:
  • Benchmark: measures the raw performance
    • Transfer Rate
    • Access Time
    • CPU Usage
    • Burst Rate
  • Hard Disk information which includes partition information, supported features, firmware version, serial number, disk capacity, buffer size, transfer mode
  • Hard Disk Health
    • S.M.A.R.T. Information (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology)
    • Power On Time
  • Error scan
  • Temperature display
  • Copy text to clipboard
  • Copy screenshot to clipboard
HD Tune is freeware!

Let us know if this utility tell you what you need to know.

kind regards,
tallin: …You did it again !!…You are a GENIUS !! …. "HDTune.exe " is EXCELLENT !! Altho I don't get the Temps or Voltage readings , it's STILL GREAT…. :thumbup:
My computer is apparently too old to have those sensors in it..

MANY THANKS… :notworthy:
Ron M.

HDTune is excellent as you mentioned to Tallin but only applies to information available via the HD.

Also Give Everest 2.20 (free) a try.
http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

It provides a full inventory of your machine and specifications, plus often has linked resources to component manufacturer home page for driver updates and additional information.

Everest also has a "Sensors" feature, but like all such utilities, it is dependent upon the machine itself to provide data "if" sensors are available.

Dell has been notoriously limited in number of sensor outputs for temperature and voltages.
Everest will give you little more than what HWMonitor gives…. probably only temps for your HD.
And those temps for HD are courtesy of the HD manufacturer (Maxtor, Seagate, etc.) who did put sensors into their product.

Dell just didn't seem to want their owner/users to have much ability to get readings (and thereby fool with those readings)
For instance… Early Dell always made it impossible to "over-clock" via CMOS, even though other manufacturers were allowing such.

Best Regards
Hi RonM, Your gratifying message could not have come at better time, it is good to be thanked for what I attempt to do on this forum which is helping others within my capabilities. Thank you for posting back and I am delighted you are happy with the service. Especially happy that you/we have solved your problem. :wavey: best regards,
1st, tallin:

Especially happy that you/we have solved your problem

I need to clarify here…The problem was NOT solved…It was answered / explained…I still have it & nothing short of getting another computer would solve it…No offense intended…I'm ALWAYS delighted with the service I get here…You're still my hero… :thumbup:

2nd:…Doug: …A repeat for you..===>..You are a GENIUS also !! …. Everest 2.20 is GREAT ….I had that program once before my HD crashed….Altho I think this is an updated version because I get TONS of info I don't recall getting before…

I have only 2 sensors…Motherboard 43 °C (109 °F)
………………………………………CPU 54 °C (129 °F)
Are those temps OK ??? My computer has been on for over 7 hours …

Early Dell always made it impossible to "over-clock" via CMOS

WAAAY over my head…But I'm willing to learn what this is…Care to elaborate ??


MANY THANKS….You're my hero also….. :thumbup:
OK RonM,

I need to clarify here…The problem was NOT solved…It was answered / explained

Bad choice of words by me, sorry - I think you need to save you pennies if you get my drift.

best regards to you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI